The File Copy Service (FCS) is a crucial component in QuickBooks responsible for executing QuickBooks updates. If a user comes up with QuickBooks error 15243, it receives a trigger warning message that says, “Error 15243 - The update of the payroll is not able to complete successfully. The QuickBooks FCS service is damaged”. To be able to access the newest updates of QuickBooks and its services, you need to troubleshoot this error as soon as possible. Learn to debug the issue by going through this detailed blog until the end.
Are you unable to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15243 independently? Our QuickBooks assistance team is available round the clock for you. If you need any technical guidance regarding the problem, dial 1.800.579.0391 and consult one of our experts .
What do you Receive Error Code 15243 in QuickBooks?
If you do not know why are you encountering the issue constantly, refer to the points we have mentioned below-
- Your QuickBooks installation has been incomplete or corrupted.
- The Intuit FCS Service is not running correctly.
- You cannot download the latest file as the anti-virus installed on your computer prevents it.
If you want to know how to get rid of such an error, proceed to the next part of this blog.
Recommended to read : Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer
Top Ways to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 15243
SOLUTION 1: Verify Payroll Service Again After Enabling FCS
- Go to your Windows desktop and access the ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing ‘Windows + R’.
- Enter ‘COMPMGMT.MSC’ and hit the ‘OK’ option.
- Click ‘Services and Applications’ on the Computer Management window.
- Click twice on ‘Services’ and search for ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’.
- Double-click on it and tap ‘Startup type’.
- Hit ‘Manual’ and then ‘Apply’.
- Click on the ‘OK’ option, and run QuickBooks to recheck the payroll service.
- Move to the ‘Employees’ tab and tap ‘My Payroll Service’.
- Choose ‘Activate Service Key’.
- In the following window, choose the latest payroll.
- Tap ‘Edit’ and move forward as per the prompted instruction.
- Finally, hit ‘Finish’.
SOLUTION 2: Uninstall and Re-Install your QuickBooks Desktop
- From your Windows ‘Start’ section, go to Control Panel.
- Select the ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- From the list, locate and select your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click ‘Uninstall/Change’ and ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Next’ to remove the application.
- Download it again and save the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file. Make sure to download your version of QuickBooks.
- Open and run the file to begin the installation.
- Follow the prompted instructions and give all the details that are asked for.
- Either select ‘Custom and Network’ or ‘Express’ install type and click ‘Next’.
- Hit ‘Install’ and then open it to activate.
Errors in QuickBooks can be pretty annoying as they create obstacles while working on the software. We try our best to provide our customers with the aptest troubleshooting methods so that they don’t have to experience such glitches repeatedly. With the help of this blog, we hope you must have fixed the QuickBooks error 15243 completely. Even though these solutions remove the issue permanently, you might need to contact our QuickBooks support team if you cannot eliminate the error. Reach out to our professional team for help through 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 80070057