QuickBooks error H202 is an error that prevents users from accessing the company file saved on the server. This is a multi-user specific error that not can affect one or more users in the network. Sometimes this error can also appear while switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode. We have deeply analyzed the error and found all the reasons for its occurrence. Further in this article, you will be reading about the causes and solutions that can help you eliminate the error from your system once and for all. To know everything about the error, follow the entire article until the end.
If you have already tried to get rid of error H202 in QuickBooks and still can’t resolve it, you can then reach QuickBooks Support for advanced troubleshooting help and guidance at 1.800.579.0391
What Gives Rise to Error Message H202 in QuickBooks?
There could be many reasons you must see an error H202 message while running QuickBooks in multi-user mode. Here is a list of all the reasons for you so you can recognize the actual cause.
- If more than one machine is running in multi-user mode.
- If the QuickBooks that is hosting the company file is running in single-user mode.
- In case due to network issues, QuickBooks on the workstation can’t connect to the company file on the server computer.
- When the database server manager is not running on the server computer.
Resolving the error now is a piece of cake as the reasons are now known. Follow the solutions given below to rectify the issue instantly.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Event id 4
Top Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Multi-User Error H202
Solution 1: Reconfigure Hosting on the Server Computer
- Open QuickBooks on the host machine and click the File tab.
- Go to the Utilities section and make sure it is running in multi-user mode.
- If not, change the settings and switch it to multi-user mode.
- Try to access the company file to see if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Reconfigure Hosting on the Workstation Computer
- Run QuickBooks Desktop on each workstation that is connected to the server computer.
- Click the File tab, and from under the Utilities section, verify that every workstation is running in single-user mode.
- Change the settings if required and retry to access the company file.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager to Connect with the Company File
- Click the Windows Start button and use the Search Programs and Files feature to search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select it from the list and click Scan to locate the company file on the server.
- Select the company file that you want to connect and open QuickBooks on the workstation encountering the error H202.
- Try to access the company file once again.
If you are still unable to access the company file because of QuickBooks error H202, this must be because of issues in the network. You must contact your IT expert for help or reach QuickBooks support at 1.800.579.0391 for quick troubleshooting guidance.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost