QuickBooks provides users with a hassle-free functioning of the software. However, users do encounter a plethora of problems when dealing with the installation and operation of the application or its features. Sometimes, you might not be able to open the QB Desktop as well and face obstacles while accessing your company file. The issue arises when the QuickBooks connection has been lost. A dialog box with a message pops up on the screen, which says, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered’. This article explains the reason behind the error and some solutions to overcome the error. Read it until the end for a thorough understanding.
If your QuickBooks Connection has been lost, feel free to connect with one of our QuickBooks professionals via 1.800.579.0391.
Why has the connection has been lost in QuickBooks Desktop?
Following are the reasons that cause the error to arise-
- If a standalone computer user comes across a connection problem in QuickBooks, there is a possibility that the QuickBooks files are corrupted.
- In case the company file is in another system, the issue might trigger because you have enabled the power-saving mode on your desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Event Id 4
What are the Ways to Debug the Errors When QuickBooks Connection has been Lost When Working on a Company File?
This section of the blog focuses on the troubleshooting methods of the issue-
SOLUTION 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to Use the File Doctor Tool
Note: The following steps are for the users who have a standalone system
- You need to download the current version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Once downloaded, save the file to a convenient location.
- To complete the installation procedure, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and move forward with the on-screen instructions.
- After installing the program, go to the Windows desktop and click twice on the Tool Hub icon.
- Now, open the application, go to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab and click ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’.
- From the drop-down arrow, choose your company file and then tap on the ‘Check your File’ option.
- Click ‘Continue’, provide your admin password, then hit ‘Next’.
- Wait till the tool identifies and resolves the issue; once done, access your QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 2: On the Host Computer, Turn Off Power Management Settings
Note: Proceed with the steps below if the system is linked to a network, but the company file is on another system.
- Go to the desktop, where you have saved your data file.
- On the Windows ‘Start’ menu, select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to ‘System’ and then ‘Power & Sleep’.
- At last, you need to disable standby, hibernation, and sleep modes on the computer.
We have tried our best to provide you with the most effective troubleshooting methods to rectify the issues if your QuickBooks connection has been lost. We hope through these experimented solutions; you will be able to run your QB to access the company file. If you are still unable to fix the errors, do not hesitate to contact our technical experts team for help at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 404