C1000-051 IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.8 Technical Specialist Certification Training
With IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.8 Technical Specialist Certification Training, you will be fully prepared to take and pass the C1000-051 exam to become IBM certified.
This course is designed for IT professionals who support and maintain the IBM Spectrum Protect software and wish to prepare for this certification exam. It is recommended that you have at least three years of experience in one or more of these areas: installation, configuration, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, backup validation, reporting, Apple Time Machine integrations, and disk management.
The course provides you with all the tools needed to take your certification exam with confidence!
What are IBM Spectrum Protect and Its Features?
IBM Spectrum Protect is a backup and recovery software that allows you to protect your data in the event of a disaster. You can back up an entire file system or individual files, volumes, or partitions. It also allows you to recover your data using two different methods: bare metal recovery (BMR) and logical recovery (LR).
There are four features of IBM Spectrum Protect that make it an effective tool for protecting your data:
- Diskless system configuration - This allows you to configure the servers without installing disks with configurations stored on network storage devices.
- Increased granularity of protection - This lets you select what you want to backup with more fine-grained control than with other solutions, allowing for increased flexibility.
- Volume shadowing - Provides continuous data protection by allowing changes made on one volume to be mirrored onto another volume with no downtime.
- Synchronous replication - Allows users to replicate the data from one storage device onto another without any interruption in service.
Why Take the IBM C1000-051 Exam?
IBM Spectrum Protect is a valuable tool for any IT professional, but it takes more than just working with the software to be proficient. You also need to know what you are doing.
To become certified, you need to pass an exam—and this course prepares you for that exam. The C1000-051 certification exam tests your knowledge on installation, configuration, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, backup validation, reporting, Apple Time Machine integrations, and disk management. It also tests your ability to articulate complex procedures in English.
Getting certified is an important step in advancing your career—and this course will help you prepare! You'll walk away confident in all areas of the IBM Spectrum Protect software and ready to take the certification exam with confidence!
What Skills Will you Learn in This Course?
- Recognize when to use backup and recovery tools
- Describe how to perform a backup from the application GUI
- Describe when it may be necessary to create a validation job
- Explain how to restore data from a tape drive
- Describe the best practices for risk management in a virtual environment