Acrylic plexiglass is made by polymerizing methyl methacrylate monomer (MMA), that is, polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) sheet plexiglass. It is a specially processed plexiglass. It has the reputation of "Plastic Queen" and "Plastic Crystal", with high transparency and a light transmittance of 92%. The physical properties of acrylic resin determine that it is the best choice for transparent swimming pool materials. The impact resistance of acrylic polymethyl methacrylate with the same thickness is 16 times that of inorganic mineral glass.
The research and development of acrylic acid has a history of more than 100 years. Mainly used in large aquarium projects, large aquariums, cylindrical aquariums, endless swimming pools, aquarium engineering special-shaped aquariums, etc. It has excellent weather resistance, especially for outdoor use. It ranks first among other plastics and has a good surface. Hardness and gloss, processing plasticity, can be made into various shapes and products, thick plates can still maintain high transparency.
Features of Acrylic:
1 Colorless transparent plexiglass board, the light transmittance is greater than 92%;
2. Strong adaptability to the natural environment. Even if exposed to the sun, wind and rain for a long time, it will not change its performance. It has good anti-aging performance and can be used safely outdoors.
3. Good workability, suitable for mechanical processing and thermoforming;
4. It is harmless even if it is in contact with people for a long time. However, formaldehyde and carbon monoxide are produced during the combustion process.
5. Strong impact resistance, 16 times that of glass of the same thickness. Suitable for installation in areas with special safety requirements;
6. Excellent insulation performance, suitable for various electrical equipment;
7. Light weight, the density is only half of ordinary glass, and the load on buildings and supports is small
8. Strong plasticity, large shape change, easy processing;
9. The increase in environmental protection awareness increases the recovery rate;
10. It is easy to maintain and clean, and it can be cleaned naturally in rainwater, or scrubbed with soap and soft cloth.
To learn more about acrylic, you can click here: Large acrylic panel.