When the QuickBooks application is not downloaded correctly, the QuickBooks error 6144 82 can arise. This error code can disrupt the functioning of the QuickBooks program and cause the application to crash. The error can occur due to many possible reasons, like Windows registry issues. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 6144 82, you can follow the reasons and solutions provided in this article to eliminate it reliably.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical QuickBooks experts.
Why Does the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6144 82 Occur?
The QB error message 6144 82 can occur due to the following possible factors –
- Your QuickBooks application is not downloaded correctly or the files are corrupted.
- Corruption in the Windows registry is a very common reason behind the QuickBooks error 6144.
- Malware or anti-virus attack has infected your system and is affecting QuickBooks.
- The QBCFMonitorService is inactive or not running.
- Important QuickBooks program files are accidentally deleted or are missing.
- Issues with the hard disk or RAM of your computer can also cause QuickBooks to crash.
Recommended to read - QuickBooks Error 6069
How to Tackle the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 Effectively?
Error 6144 82 in QuickBooks can be eliminated by performing the following steps –
Step 1 – Uninstall QuickBooks to Perform a Fresh Installation of the Application
The QuickBooks application needs to be installed again in case there are issues with the current installation.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to the Programs and Features option and access the Control Panel.
- From the list of programs, select QuickBooks and hit the Uninstall option to remove the program.
- Once QuickBooks is successfully uninstalled, download the new version of QuickBooks from Inuit’s website and install it.
- Enter your product and license details to activate the QB program and check the status of the error code.
Step 2 – Run the Scan Now Command to Check the System Files
Issues with the system files can also cause the QuickBooks installation error 6144 82. To eliminate this issue, you can run a quick system check.
- From the Start menu, access the command box and press the Ctrl + Shift keys.
- A permission dialog box will appear, hit Yes and type sfc/scannow when a black blinking cursor appears.
- The system file checker tool will get activated and start scanning your files for issues.
- Once the tool stops running, re-launch QuickBooks and see if the error code 6144 is dismissed.
Must Read - QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Step 3 – Set the QBCFMonitorService on Automatic Mode
You need to activate the QBCF Service from the Services tab of the Windows Start menu. Select the Automatic Mode option to start the service automatically.
QuickBooks error 6144 82 can be reliably rectified by following the right set of solutions. Perform the steps above, and if the error persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
You may read also - QuickBooks Has Stopped Working