The 10 Best Home Automation Systems
Welcome to Thomas's guide to the best home automation systems. Thomas has been connecting North American industrial buyers and suppliers for a lot more than 120 years. When you purchase products through our independent recommendations, we might earn an affiliate commission.
With so many home automation devices available nowadays it might seem only a little overwhelming when trying to figure out which is the best home automation system to accommodate your lifestyle, so we've listed 10 of the best smart home solutions for many needs and budgets to aid you in your selection.
Using a smart home automation touchscreen system
As futuristic technology starts to boost in other regions of our lives, such as for example voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, self-driving cars, or robot home delivery, more and more integration of technology into our day-to-day lives is inevitable. Taking care of that is home automation systems.
The global home automation system market has exponentially expanded over the last couple of years, is valued at $47.6 Billion in 2017, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.5%, reaching almost $102 Billion by the year 2025.
What is a Home Automation System?
A property automation system combines hardware and software via a wireless network to regulate your property electronics and appliances through one device which might be a smartphone, tablet, or perhaps a specific central automation control hub system. They could be controlled remotely even if you're not at home. Several of those work via apps, others with a speech assistant like Alexa, or Siri, and others through the main automation hub itself. There are lots of things that can be controlled with a home automation system and we look at a few of these below.
Types of Home Automation
Home automation choices are growing every day, and only several types of devices that can be operated via a home automation controller are:
- Appliances: You are able to work your oven, vacuum, fan, fireplace, and air-con units—to call a few—via your phone.
- Doors: See who is at the doorway, talk in their mind via an intercom, or open the doorway without getting out of bed from the couch.
- Garage: Open your garage door or gate before you've even turned the corner into your road.
- Blinds: Operate the blinds remotely, even if you're not at home.
- Watering systems: Make fully sure your lawn stays freshly watered no matter if you're home or away.
- House alarm: See and record any activity in and around your home, all during your home automation system.
- Lights: Switch your lights on or off, or dim them at an impulse via your smart device.
- Thermostat: Control the temperature of your property at all times via a smart thermostat.
- Energy savers: Monitor the electricity used by each device throughout the house, locate and eliminate the power drainers, and save profit from the process.
Choosing the Best Home Automation Solutions
Depending on the type of system that you require, home automation costs are as low as $20 and increase into the thousands for an absolutely automated house with the latest technology. We go through 1000s of home automation system reviews on Amazon and you will find our set of the very best home automation solutions below.